Linux will not run on Apple's newest hardware.

From what I’ve read on several sights turning off secure boot does not work for Linux on the T2 equiped machines. You can run a live disk or thumb drive but can not install. I have Mint running standalone on a 1st gen MBP. That was a 3 day nightmare . Wound up having to use a usb keyboard to do it.

Perhaps try installing without using UEFI? When I read about this a little earlier; it said that the T2 firmware, explicitly rejects the use of Microsofts UEFI. Linux only started using UEFI, to keep up with the "fad". However, non-popular distros still use only the standard boot. Which ironically is actually just as secure; considering it’s an EXT partition, not an NTFS. Worst case scenario; perhaps direct console in? Or even use something like Coreboot?

Your comment doesn’t make much sense (Coreboot? How in the world you’ll replace the system firmware without having Apple’s private key is beyond me). But I’ll address it simply: You can boot by disabling Secure Boot on the new Macs with T2. You can boot into a Linux USB drive. But you cannot install to the internal drive with Linux. Apparently the NVME controller part of the T2 chip does not allow an alternate OS to unlock the drive.
    "I have a MacBook Pro Mid 2018 and managed to get the SSD working for like 10 seconds.
    When you live boot Linux Mint or Ubuntu and do:
    modprobe nvme
    Then check for the hardware ID of the Apple Storage controller by doing:
    lspci -nn | grep NVMe
    Then put that ID in the new_id file under nvme:
    echo 106b 2005 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/nvme/new_id
    When you did that it shows up under lsblk but only for like 10~30 seconds before the machine randomly turns off after 1second of full cooler spin 100%. I am not sure why this happens, but it does seem to detect it correctly as for me it showed a 500GB NVMe ssd under lsblk. I didn’t manage to get gparted opened as it took longer than the time before it shuts off."

Well, I first looked at a couple articles before I signed up on Verge; one article claimed they disabled UEFI… However, after just browsing through Apple’s own guide; this is wrong. https://www.apple.com/mac/docs/Apple...p_Overview.pdf
    If you were to install another OS, you would have to use encryption; LUKS I believe can handle AES. As for Coreboot, or anything like that; it’s not hard to get the raw binary for the firmware; flashrom for example. However, after reading Apple’s little overview; this is certainly outside the capabilities of the average user, to install some other OS, or to customize the firmware…

I think you’re misunderstanding, the T2 chip is locking out another system (non Microsoft or Apple) from being able to even see the internal disk at all, except for about 20 seconds. LUKS is not at all relevant. This is system level encryption. It can’t be enabled or disabled at the software level.
    It doesn’t sound like you know much about the Mac. Coreboot is not compatible with the current Mac lineup! Like at all. I mean here’s the status report on Coreboot:
    https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html
    I see the plastic Macbook supported and "unknown" for the Macbook Air with Sandy Bridge. Like seriously, it doesn’t work and don’t even try unless you’re okay with bricking your system.
    this is certainly outside the capabilities of the average user
    Not just the average user, it is not possible, unless you have Apple’s signing key (which you should not have if you’re not a specific type of employee at Apple who has access to the key).