Nintendo Switch: How soon before a revision?

I imagine we should see a revision of the Switch by 2019. Mainly in it’s internal hardware.
    While Nintendo has definitely milked and strained a ton of power from the chipsets in the Switch, it was older hardware from the beginning.
    I hope we see some newer silicon in the updated Switch; mainly for the efficiency of battery that comes along with that new power.
    That said, I do wonder if Nintendo can squeeze simliar battery life from a newer chipsets if they were to add a 1080p screen to the Switch…
    I also hope…and I know this is a stretch, that we see better materials used for the build.
    Now, I’m not expecting modern, high end phone materials. But definitely something better.
    The plastic screen needs to go. The joy cons need much studier clips for locking into place along the sides of the Switch. Kickstand…make it like the Surface Pro one.
    These are just a couple of items I’d like to see addressed in the next couple of years.

I do definitely like to see the Switch go down the path of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X – which I actually think is the right direction for the industry, assuming the PS5 and Xbox Whatever are fully backwards compatible with the PS4 and Xbox One.
    My ideal scenario is to see a new console from everyone every 3-4 years, and every second console can run games that the other ones can’t, but is fully backwards compatible. So something like:
    Year 1: PS4
    Year 4: PS4 Pro – Runs all PS4 games, but better. Isn’t allowed to run games that won’t run on the base hardware.
    Year 7/8: PS5: Runs all PS4 games (ideally running them even better than the Pro) and also PS5-exclusive games
    Year 11: PS5 Pro: Runs all PS4 games and PS5 games, but better.
    Rinse and repeat. Basically, give me some of the benefits of the PC world, but with the simplicity of the console world.
    A similar path for the Switch would be ideal, especially given how great Nintendo’s own games are, but, Nintendo has been known to buck industry trends, so, who knows.
    I suspect when Pokemon is released, we’ll see a Switch Lite that smaller and lighter and runs the same games, but is only portable.

A similar path for the Switch would be ideal, especially given how great Nintendo’s own games are, but, Nintendo has been known to buck industry trends, so, who knows.
    Isn’t this pretty much what happened with the 3DS? Full backwards compatibility, but new hardware with new features for new games? Or the DSi before it.

The new 3DS wasn’t quite the same though. The only bump in performance came from a jump to a tri core CPU with no GPU bump.
    I don’t see a notable jump, short of a die shrink and the advantages there on a revised switch mainly because Nvidia has not shown an interest to expand on Tegra as a mobile platform.
    Sony and Microsoft are building their consoles in tandem with AMDs schedule for consumer hardware which is why they were even possible.