Any predictions on prices going down for GPU, Memory and SSD in 2018?

Agreed. I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD __in February 2016 for $93 on Amazon. I just checked and they are now going for $85. Let’s hope this continues. I’d like to put a 500GB into the build. I haven’t priced out the m.2 versions.

Is the NAS one of the newer Synologys? I’ve been looking into the DS918+ since it looks like it would be able to host my Plex server nicely and I’ve been looking for peoples’ opinions.

yes it is one of new synology units
    we only required the DS1517+
    it is a good balance of 4Gbit bonded theough to network and a 6Gbit M.2 cache. I am also effectively using the M.2 drive as the NAS and the HDD drives are resting easy.
    there is a lot of caution still around Synology with SFP+ to provide 10Gbit to your network so I ended up avoiding that – special note, if you do want it… then really check the model, maybe talk to their support team because in the model I bought for example there is only one expansion slot for either M.2 or SFP+

SSDs will continue how they have been.
    RAM should drop a bit, but not back to the levels it was back in the good old days
    Graphics cards are anyone’s guess – because AMD doesn’t have a competitive product (at least not one they can produce in volume and make a decent margin on) Nvidia can do pretty much whatever they like (sort of like pre-Ryzen Intel)